News

Flatulent cows spark fire at dairy farm

Flatulent cows spark fire at dairy farm

GASSY COWS: A German dairy farm caught fire from some serious flatulence. Photo: clipart.com

BERLIN (Reuters) – Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.

High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then “a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames,” the force said in a statement.

One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.

(Reporting by Erik Kirschbaum; Editing by Andrew Heavens)

News from ClarksvilleNow.com

ambulance

yesterday in News

8 killed in Tenn. traffic crashes over Memorial Day holiday

Five of the people killed in crashes were not wearing seat belts.

kiwanis-rodeo-bull

yesterday in Lifestyle, News

Kiwanis Rodeo in Clarksville this weekend

Tickets are on sale now.

CSX TRAIN1 WKRN

yesterday in News

Teen wearing earbuds struck, killed by train

FRANKLIN, Tenn.  – A 17-year-old boy was struck and killed by a train in Franklin Thursday morning while walking to…

checkpoint

Thursday in News

Local law enforcement teams up for seat belt checkpoint

Officers will target drivers who do not wear a seat belt and will check for other violations.

Connected-Community

Thursday in Business, News

Clarksville-Montgomery County recognized as a Connected Community

Clarksville-Montgomery County has received Connected Community Certification and has released its Technology Action Plan.